Hi there! My name is Max. I was born in Kent, but I moved to London when I went to university and ended up staying there. I've been living here quite a while now! Having graduated with a BSc hons degree in Computing with Web Development and Multimedia, I began working for a small company providing all kinds of technical support. As time went on, my role changed and I ended up being in charge of information security and keeping on top of all the requirements to maintain level 1 compliance with PCI DSS. I loved doing this and learnt so much in a fairly short time. It also launced me into a career in information security!
As time went on, I started working on a role with heavy ISO 27001 focus, but I've been lucky enough to also have a lot of influence over corporate IT functions. I like being able to keep my work nice and varied, it keeps things fresh and stops me from ever getting bored.
I've had this site running for a couple of years now. I have been interesting in computers for as long as I can remember, and have had a number of sites over the years. I set up my first site when I was about 15 - it was a music forum and it was terribly run, but it served its purpose and got me started on a road experimenting with web technology. I even sold it for a profit!
This site is definitely far better run than my older efforts. I have the benefit of experience behind me now along with a lot more focus in what I want to write about and achieve. I've designed this site as a place to write about things I love, share some of my music, and probably complain about some things.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy your time here! I can't promise it will always be frequently updated - life has a tendancy to get in the way and I have so many other fun bits of technology to play with - but I'll do my best to always make good quality content.
You can probably find out quite a lot about me by looking around my site. I think everything here is a fairly good indication of what I am like and what I enjoy. Here is a list of some of the things I'm passionate about:
- Music - Mostly heavier stuff, but I enjoy a fairly wide range of genres and bands. My music library is always growing and I love finding out about new bands. My favourite band is Coheed and Cambria. There are too many other bands I love to make a list here, but I do particularly enjoy listening to Fall Out Boy, Babymetal, Periphery, Emperor, Metallica, One OK Rock, AFI, and Avenged Sevenfold.
- Gaming - I adore the Metal Gear series, and generally enjoy puzzle games and JRPGs. In general I'm pretty open to playing most games, especially if they offer something a bit different. I like to support smaller indie devs where I can, since I think there are a lot of really cool ideas out there that would never get support from AAA developers. I have been absolutely loving my Nintendo Switch in the last year!
- Technology - I love to tinker with my technology and build computers. I own more technology than I know what to do with, and I generally like to stay on the bleeding edge when new things appear. I always take part in beta programmes when I get the chance, and I spend far too much time on Reddit or reading various tech and information security articles.
- Comics - Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, Boom!, Evil Ink, Oni Press, Giant Beast, or something else. I don't care who printed it as long as it's awesome. I absolutely love Bryan Lee O'Malley's work. I also really enjoyed Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky's Sex Criminals.
- More! - Movies, TV, food, fun. I don't really have a favourite movie, but I do like Star Wars, John Wick, the Marvel franchise, and the Kingsmen movies. I enjoy watching comedy shows and Japanese Tokusatsu like Kamen Rider (Drive and Ex-Aid are my favourites), and anime like Code Geass. Food wise I like spicy food the most, but I'll eat basically everything. I enjoy most things as long as the company is good. I'm up for giving most thing a go at least once, which leads to some awesome experiences.
If you are interested in finding out more about me or getting to know me better, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
If you are a professional and you like what you see here, my CV is available for download if you click here! I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can get in touch with me from the Contact Me page, via my LinkedIn page, or via the details on my CV.